Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Funny Things

I heard a co-worker refer to our place of employment as "the fertility farm". If I wasn't part of the IVF patient herd at one time, I may have found that funny. I still like my nick name better. 

Funny things that have happened this week:

C used the word "interpretation" yesterday by commenting "the books interpretation of this movie ..." LOL - sorry kiddo - is the other way around - but kudos for using such big words!

At C's annual IEP meeting today one of the teachers comment on how big C has gotten, to which I added "I know - all of his clothes are too small and the newer ones too big." and then his teacher added "I know - Last week his boxers were below the end of his shorts." Obviously I expressed the fact that S gets him ready for school these days :P)

At the Baby Factory a women asked if she could go into the "collection room" with her husband. I said no and she ask why. I explained that it is against policy and she proceeded to tell me that her husband has a tough time getting an erection due to an accident and he really needs her in the room. I then replied "although I do sympathize with your situation my best advise is to collect the sample and home and bring it into the office at the specified time" to which she replied "well that is gross." ... Really - you'd rather do the nasty in the doctors office??? I was a little baffled.

In other Baby Factory antics: A patient forgot their medication chart on our desk. (happens almost daily) I gave her a call and let her know that she can come by before four or I can fax it to her if she'd like. She said "isn't that a HIPPA violation?" To which I replied "Okay, so you'd like to pick it up than?" Then she went on to tell me how inconvenient that would be and why was I unwilling to make this process easier. I almost started to laugh right then and there but I held off my giggles.

No comments: