Thursday, July 8, 2010

Life Goes On

In a slightly better mood today...

We leave for the Pocono's on Saturday Morning. I am really looking forward to it. The other night S and I looked on the campgrounds website and linked around to different "must see & do" things in the area. It put S's mind at ease that there would be entertainment. It annoyed me. I like camping. I like lounging at a dingy lake and hiking through woods. I like revolving the whole day on when you need to start the fire or grill. S likes to know there is something to do. It isn't like this is new news, I have met the man.

You really should have seen him; I equate it to a kid in a candy store. Each site we visited was followed by "oh boy!", "oh, that's cool", "hey J&K might like that too", "ooooh can we do that one?". Some of the activities looked fun. There is a water park with a zip line and there is one restaurant I'd like to go to, but I want to make sure we stay at the lake -you know that cabin on the lake that cost more than six hundred dollars? LOL - we really are a pair.

In other related news: We were going to board Maggie at a local kennel here. It is expensive, but cheap for the area at 29.00 a day plus clean up and bath charges at about 35.00. But I kept whining (more of less) that I really wanted to bring the dog with us. We are going to the lake and then to Massachusetts for a week. All in all she'd be there 13 days. Then suddenly, as if I'd been on a rooftop toilet, I had an epiphany; kennel the dog in PA near the campground and then bring her to Massachusetts with us. Savings: 11.00 per day plus no clean up fees, plus she'd only be there 7 nights. So instead of 412.00 it is costing 126.00.

Of course now, I will have to make at least one kid ride on the roof on the way back home from Mass, since the dog will take up a seat ...

The update there: We are going home, home, after PA. C is going to the beach with my cousins in Maine for the week. S is staying in Worcester until Wednesday and then flying home. I am driving from Worcester with C and three of my cousins and the dog. The kids are staying a week and then I am driving them to NJ to my Grandparent's and meeting C (my cousin with the four kids, but only three are visiting us because one, A, my God Daughter, is going to college in the fall, too old for the family Vk) there to do the switch.

Busy, Busy, just the way I like it. See you in a few weeks my friends! Right now it is time for a bowl of pasta and Days of our Lives. Thank God my DVR is fixed.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun. That is my biggest dream to go zip lining. It just looks so cool. Maybe one day! Holy cow that is outrageous for a kennel. I was gonna say yeah like here its $10 a day. Thats great thinking about getting a kennel in Pa. What a heck of alot cheaper. HOpe you guys have a blast. Think of me if you go zip lining ;)

Becca said...

wow.. the end of that trip sounds confusing! It is a good thing you like busy..me, I get a little overwhelmed when I have a ton to do. And, I agree, I like to lounge in the campground and really have no time table. Have fun and be safe. I will have lots to update you on when you get back!

Becca said...

Wow.. the end of that trip sounds confusing! Be safe and have fun. I will have loads to tell you when you get back.

Jamie said...

WOW! The oldest of C's is already going to college??? Unreal! I hope you enjoy yourself. The Poconos sound cool- never been there but always hear about it! And I can just hear S saying, "Oh boy" and can picture the glee on his face! LOL Have a fun vacation!