Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Day Off

I take Thursdays off. I get C to school, walk the dog, clean up from breakfast, make the beds, get a load of laundry going if needed, vacuum, dust, take out the trash, plan an easy dinner, and then veg. I watch TV, do my nails, take a bubble bath, lay in bed and read, and finally get dressed and do my hair & makeup. I am wondering why my day off is so packed with chores? I suppose I just hate for my family to think I don't do anything all day.

This morning I am watching the news while I dry off and warm up. It is pouring outside and I walked the dog quite a ways this morning getting us completely wet and cold. I scoff at the term news. I've just spent the last five minutes listening to the trials and tribulations of Charlie Sheen. Seriously - he has agreed to pay 55 grand in child support a month on top of what he pays another X wife and kids. Money certainly doesn't equal a good life for some / most - I'd assume. I am turning the tube off and getting some hot tea.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Same here. I feel worthless when I take a day and do nothing. BUt if you think about it we really never have a day off becuase there is always something to be done.