Monday, January 12, 2009

IVF Appointment One Follow Up

Today we had the "baseline" appointment. Everything ran smoothly, like clock work pretty much. First I had an ultrasound, transvaginal - which is really wierd! Then registration (that took less that 60 seconds.) Then we waited for the pharmacy to open. Once it opened the line sped through. I have never in my life seen such a place. There was none of this turn in your script then wait an hour for your drugs, it took minutes. We handed over our ID, then the pharmasists were motoring to fill our bags with injectables. We were there all of five minutes. Next we were off to a conference room to wait for our injection class. It was calm, supportive, and well worth the time. Although we had to practice at the end. I gave my self the small shot and Joe had to do the one in my butt. (oh - so glam!) That one killed, and still hurts. So tomorrow I take no pills that on the 14th start the lupron, then on the 15th the whole shabang. I feel pretty comfortable with the ordeal concidering the emotional toll.

No comments: