Friday, January 23, 2009

You're up You're down, You are a MESS

It is an interesting roller coaster, IVF. Today we were told by the good doctor (the guy) that everything is looking great and my estrogen levels are suspected to be normalized. He sent us to pre-op, we reviewed the HCG shot, and he happily announced surgery would either be Sunday or Monday.

Later that day... we get a call from the nurse. She says my levels plummeted and the eggs will be no good unless they can get them back up, but we only have one day for that, because then the cycle begins to end. If they don't go back up, we will be canceled. Tears, tears, and more tears formed into a crown at the end of my chin. I am so sure she new I was crying, but I did my best to hold it together. Telling the news to Joe was even harder.

Joe is brunting a lot of the emotional stress for both of us. He is on a quest to make this a easy as possible for me. His quest is greatly appreciated. However it seems because he is bearing all the stress, things are having greater impact on him.

I just keep telling myself that the nurses are more cautious and do not want to see you go to surgery and then be told there were no good eggs. They don't want to you feel that horrible feeling of disparate hurt any later than you have to, because the further along you get into the cycle the more emotional it becomes. Doctors in this case, want you to stay positive, and avoid stress so your chances are better. This is in our case anyway. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: