Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The IVF continues

For the past three days I have had appointments, actually make that four. Sunday, I had to go in to have blood drawn, then that night I got a call from the doctor that my estrogen levels are too high, and as a result I need to half my dosages of drugs. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I get to take any less shots, only that the meds inside are less {oh, poor, poor me} So, I continue to get a bruise from the shots, daily, four times daily. Can't wait for those HCG & Progesterone shots - Yeah! Well, that is if we make it that far.

My estrogen levels have not gone down, so today I was given an antidote of sorts and told to wait for a call about doses. Around 3 the lab called and said to continue the other doses I was taking and do not take the antidote. As usual, they couldn't tell me why because, they didn't have my chart. You know, I am a little peeved at that one, for crying out loud, charts are electronic, turn your damn computer on! But I digress. Yesterday when they called they mentioned that my cycle could be canceled if the levels don't return to normal. I would just like to know, if they are the same or did the level go down - hello - fragile state of mind here.

No comments: