Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 3

They have been here for three days. I officially need a break. Proof:
  • L: Oh you seem so much happier now, what have you been doing? Thought to self: No shit, last time you saw me, I was in the middle of a miscarriage.
  • L: You just look so much better than you have in the last few years, I can see it in your eyes. Thought to self : gee thanks, so I basically have spent the last two years looking like a horses ass?
  • L: We told C it was tubby time. I respond : "I already told him I'd make brownies with him before hand." L : "ahh, don't do it on my account, I don't like brownies." Thought to self : Shut up. What I actually said "Well C does." Thought to self : snap at me, and I will snap right back.
  • L: Worcester schools are so bad, I don't know why any parent would send there kid there. Me: We actually considered it, having me stay with my parents so C could go to Flagg street, I wasn't going to just wait around here for a school. L : Goes on and on about how horrible our hometown is (I love it - Ghetto parts and all) and that she would have paid for him to go to a Catholic school. Thought to self: Shut up.
  • L: Blah, blah, blah, church, church , church (I wasn't in the mood) Me: "If it was up to me I would even go, I don't like the priest." L: blah, blah, blah. Thought to self: Errrr, J, why on earth would you divulge more info than need be - you idiot.
  • L: Eeeww smells like dog in here.
  • L: I was coming down the stairs and all I could smell was dog
  • L: Dogs smell, cats don't really. Thought to self: Cats smell like ass
  • L: ... Does it even matter what she says - my negativity towards it just makes it worse.

Also, they gave me a check for 100 bucks for food. Pretty nice really, but then they brought like two bags of groceries that they are keeping in their room ???

There is such a double edge because basically L is really nice - she just doesn't have a knack for diplomacy. And me being passive aggressive doesn't help.

One funny thing : L & D love one of our area junk / thrift stores. I just donated two truck loads of stuff there after a yard sale. Today we went over there. L is looking around and finds a few books she gave me, with her note to me still taped to the front. I never even read them. I tried to act like I did - but you can't really fake that. Oops.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH. I'll scream with you! We both need a VACATION!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be sending prayers your way that you get thru this! TOO funny about the books!!! LOVE it!

Becca said...

My friend's sons go to Flagg street, they are ok!! Worcester, not too bad, Pat & Mel's girls are going ot Jacob Heitt, but I go on....... god bless you!!!! L sound like a trip, and I agree the book thing was halarious! Wait to you read my entry about our trip!!

Melissa said...

To Do List for Day Four: Pack up a car load for new house in the early morning hours (including a lawn chair and cooler of Diet Coke). Leave note on fridge saying, "Just taking a load of things over." Drive to new house. Set up lawn chair in new and empty living room, take DC out of cooler, then use cooler as footrest. Spend 3-4 hours. Repeat with second car load later in the day.