Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tanner Than You'd Think

C and I walked to the pool today and were there for three hours. It felt great. Right after we got in the pool a group of day campers arrived. Fortunately the councilors did a great job of playing catch with them and other water games in the low end so we just moved to the deep end. C is getting to be quite the fish. The rule for the pool is the kids have to wear a life vest while jumping off the diving board until they pass a swim test. C can totally swim, and very well, but he won't take the test, which only consists of the child swimming two laps without touching the bottom of the pool. Anyway, he wore his jacket the whole time and probably did sixty jumps in three hours. He had a blast. What is great about it too is that I can actually swim while he plays. I sort of like this age, although I sooooo miss two, super cute, NAPS, no talking back .... ahh toddlerhood. LOL.

So, we bought new sunblock a few weeks ago. It is SPF 85. Has anyone noticed the big numbers out there? I figured the bigger the better. WRONG. We reapplied every hour and still I am wicked dark. Granted I did have a slight tan from last week when I forgot sunblock for the first 45 minutes in the pool, but still. It is so funny to see the difference between my arm and my stomach.

I could go on and on - and tell all about the "sexy" 10 year old (super gross -aren't her parents concerned?) or about the plump kid that needed all his friends to be watching as he dived off the board (he took forever to jump) but who cares - we had fun - although the parents of that girl better get on track soon.

Anyway - we looked at houses yesterday - they were gross. One was moldy, one was smokey, and two were on busy streets. I contacted a rental agent to help us. She sent some ideas but only one would really work. We should be going to see it tomorrow. House hunting isn't all that much fun. You think you can do it by just looking online, but really online is never the whole story. Oh and in one place yesterday the realtor yelled at C. How weird. He said he didn't want C to touch the mold on the wall and was sorry - but he scared the crap out of my kid. We aren't yellers and he was stunned. What a dick.

The new girls ideas: http://matrix.mris.com/Matrix/Public/Email.aspx?ID=31668732330

2 comments:

Jamie said...

There's a whole list, so which number is it? A house or townhouse?

How fun to go to the pool! It's freezing in MI.

Becca said...

Frezzing in MA too!!(well 63 degress and counting)