Wednesday, July 22, 2009

F You B

I only have like two minutes before someone is over my shoulder - but I just have to get this one out.

L & D are always telling us that L gets up in the middle of the night, eats a little bit of ice cream and then goes back to bed, but she never remembers it because of her medications. So last night, I am the only one up. It is 11:00 and L sneaks down the stairs. She goes in the kitchen and gets a bowl of ice cream. I ask her if she needs help, if she is okay, and if she is sleeping okay. She doesn't answer. She eats the ice cream, washes her dishes and then comes into the living room and stands in front of me. I ask her again if she is okay and she starts talking a little and petting the dog. She says she has that restless leg syndrome and it keeps her from sleeping.

So, fine, she is up, and we start to watch Army Wives together (I love this show). Maggie, the dog, starts to get a little restless and I comment, "Maggie, you are wild tonight" then I throw her ball. L says "that is because you deserted us tonight." (I took one load of boxes over to the new house) Then she continues to insult me and act like a complete B, saying things like "well, if you weren't so busy..." & "Hmmm, if you didn't just leave me alone..." & "I know you don't really want us here" & "Maybe we should just go home now." I just sort of looked at here with wide eyes. She was talking fast and on a tirade. Then she just sort of makes this Humph noise and says "well, I am going to bed, D is really irritating me too, so I guess it is no different." Then she stomps, yes stomps, upstairs.

And this morning... she "remembers nothing".

2 comments:

Becca said...

I have two thoughts on this:
A: she really has no idea about the night before, but it is still her sub concious saying all the s--t she usually thinks or
b: she was awake and uses this sleep walking crap as a excuse for being a b---h and saying the stuff she wants to say.
Regardless...she is really a mess. I love you and S and I hope you do not take any offense but she needs help! None of what she says is true, you deserted them, what to move, when they know you are moving. Bull, it sounds like everything has to be about her and if its not than she will make it that way. God bless you for getting through this week, remember you are a great friend and person!

Kim said...

HI Jamie, UMMM is that the in laws you're talking about. IF so how funny, I'm sorry but its funny and I know what you must be going through. Hope it only gets better for you.Hang in there!