Monday, June 29, 2009

Like Whoa ... Man

It has been awhile.

As predicted I bipolared my way back and forth - but I am pretty sure I am good now.

I spent the night last night looking at houses online. There are so many. The problem is that people don't really want to show you a rental. The Realtors are busy showing houses they will make a profit on and owners don't want you to see there stuff. So I made appointments to see a few houses over the next few days. I also gave notice on base that we are leaving. (Man that felt good)

In other news:

Our company J & K came and left. They had a bumpy exit because their flight was canceled and they had to switch airports but it all worked out in the end. We had a great time, lots of baseball. I think I might have even been baseballed out by Saturday nights game. We saw a pretty funny comedy act one night, the boys went kayaking one day while K and I walked along the canal at Georgetown for a bit (That was pretty neat). On the last day S really wanted to take them to a cool looking place for brunch. It was a little bit of a ride, but he figured it was worth it. So we headed to the Piratz Tavern in Silver Spring, MD.

Obviously you have figured out that the owner's are illiterate, granted so were real pirates. Illiteracy aside, the sign did not prepare us for the event that was brunch at the Piratz Tavern. When we got there - there were no other customers. Our table had an energy drink on it, and the waiter laughed and said "oh that was mine from this morning" We were there at 1:00pm. This guy, the waiter was dressed like a pirate and seemed overly happy. He started babbling about helping our selves at the buffet and said pretty soon there would be sword fight. We all just sort of stared at each other and looked around. It was a weird place. Then we looked at the food. I tried to scoop some onto a plate, the first chaffing dish had potatoes and rice. Strange combo, but it scooped. The third dish had an unidentifiable brown sauce and a horrid looking cheese sauce, the last dish had bacon and eggs. I tried to scoop the eggs but the whole dish was one big lump. The others were talking back and forth about leaving, and thank God they said "NO". I just sort of handed my plate to S and said something about him telling the waiter and we all sort of speed walked out of there. It was so gross! But it looked promising from the outside and the web (www.piratztavern.com) go figure. In the end C cried, because he really did like the place and S promised him a trip to Medieval Times instead. Then we all headed to the Macaroni Grill and chowed four loaves of bread. Yup, four. We were starving. It was the boys fault.

Hmmm, the boys. I was a little annoyed at those two but the end of the visit. Two nights in a row they stayed up until 3:00am playing video games, and then slept really late the next day. But really, how often do grown men get to have a sleep over party with their best friends? S was really excited J was here. Heck, he even took all the time off from work - he doesn't even do that for relatives! So, I am glad they had fun. If our friends come down next summer they will have a little one with them, and I am sure there will be no late night rendezvous with the Xbox then. LOL.

So that is pretty much the update. Certainly I could have just said - we had fun. But as you all know I love to make stories way longer than they need to be.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

If you didn't make the stories long this blog would be rather boring;) Gosh, I noticed that place has the name RAT in it... That is rather nasty about that food!! Funny too:) I'm glad you seem to be doing better and had a great visit with friends!