Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Might Be Crazy

I am bored. Seriously - there isn't much I want to do and there really a downward interest in the entertainment of watching cartoons and playing countless games of Monopoly. Yesterday C and I played games, watched TV, went to the playground, and took a three hour nap. It felt good. My parents came home from work, we ate dinner (NO VEGGIES _ NO FRUIT _ NO HEALTHY ANYTHING!) and then it was time to watch TV - again. Although I wanted a day of nothing, this was to the extreme. Today is off to the same start, fortunately I am going to my cousins later and that is never boring, with all those kids - even if I am left sitting in her living room twiddling my thumbs there is always something to keep me laughing or shaking my head in disbelief - either way there is no boredom in that house.

It is also FREEZING here. Yesterday my mother put the fire on for me. I didn't even bring sweat shirts or jackets for us. While I was packing I did a quick load of laundry and shoved a pair of jeans in for C and myself - thank God. Also, I didn't even bring sneakers - only flip flops. Yesterday I borrowed a sweat shirt from my dad and today I am seriously thinking of borrowing sweats from my mother. LOL I am so unprepared.

Funny, but I know it will be wicked busy by the end of the week. Starting tomorrow we have plans all day everyday. Plus my grandparents will be here tomorrow evening. It is so hard staying here with them too. I feel pretty bad saying that - but it is the truth. Grandpa is in rough shape to say the least - and Grandma is a smoker.

My mother announced the other day "oh John is coming by to install a railing." I bluntly told her "I really don't want to know about your home improvement plans." Then we traded evil eye looks and moved on. This morning she told me John would be here at nine. Huh? What? Sooooo, I have to be here and watch a strange man I don't know??? I just responded with a "who's John?" "oh, I know him from the Depot." Right - I should have known. So the long and short of it, this weird guy is coming over to install an extra railing along the staircase so Grandpa can go up and down the stairs. The last time I was here while there was even minor construction the guy was smoking in the house and leaving all the doors open when my dog was here. I am not amused. It is past ten and "John" isn't even here yet.

So, as I said, Grandpa is in rough shape. I love to see them and visit - it is just a lot of extra work when they are here. C has to be quieter and not run, he can't give them bear hugs or jump up and down because he is playing some game he has invented in which he cannot loose. It is work to keep him seen and not heard. Not that the grandparents expect that or anything, it is just obvious that just looking at C totally exhausts them.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

hope it goes well. i understand...its kinda like that at z's dads.

Darlene said...

You can come visit me. No quiet allowed in my house:)