Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Since Yesterday

I feel better. Not great, but better.

I have great friends. All of them have emailed me support and prayed for me while I grieved. Not that I am done grieving, but I feel better. My best friend J called tonight and my whole face just got the biggest smile when I heard her voice. I know - I am such a dork. Anyway, we both had to keep stopping to talk to our kids, we never seemed to stay on one subject very long because we were babbling but she is one who knows, sadly, exactly how I felt. It felt good to know she loves me and wants me to be happy. - I know, I know, Mushy - DORK. Then there is by friend RB who emails me the sweetest most supportive messages and then leave comments that are real and honest and full of hope. She gets a whole other side to me and it is just nice. Life is nicer because I have great friends. MUSH MUSH MUSH. Then there is my sister - who is just awesome.

Something funny:

I had jury duty today. After hours of deliberation I sat at seat ten on a jury. I was trying to think of a way out of it. I had the following thoughts:
  • I think I know one name from the witness list
  • Medical issues, but I didn't want to fully explain and cry in front of the court
  • I could make myself look like an idiot

Ding, Ding, Ding, folks we have a winner. I just started smiling and staring at the defendant. There was only one person left in the selection pool everyone else had been dismissed and I was sweating it. The judge explained that this was a criminal trial that would last approximately four days and Friday would be an off day and we would reconvene on Monday. NOOOOOO I thought, I am suppose to be in Massachusetts on Monday. So I just sort of stare at the defendant smiling and hoping. Then the judge says, "This will be the final ..." and the prosecutor raised his hand. The clerk went over to him and then to the defense attorney then back to the judge. The judge said, "Number 698 (that was me) you may return to the jury lounge, number 713 you will take seat 10 and this is the final jury that will serve on the state Vs. whatever his name was". I smiled all the way back to the lounge. Then went to lunch and then got dismissed for the day. See you again in two years - Criminals. LOL

1 comment:

Becca said...

Thanks!!! I am so glad I can be myself with you, for the first time in a long time I have been truly me! MUSHY MUSY right back at ya!!!:)