Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So Not Over It

I did manage to get through the day yesterday without crying. Still, not over the whole ordeal, but recovering. Still angry - but working on it. My friend A dropped off a christian book to me covering the death of an unborn or stillborn child. At first I just let it collect dust on the coffee table. Well, no dust really - I have been cleaning for a week straight, but you get the idea. Anyway I picked it up last night after talking to my friend and feeling like I could get through this, the book might help, a little.

So, in other news: C is sick today. He woke up at 11:00, 12:00, & 1:00 last night. He was up from about 1:00 until 2:30 with a fever of about 101. I gave him some Tylenol and it didn't even touch it. (although it may have been an old bottle, in the middle of the night I wasn't exactly at peak parenting) Around 1 something I had C move into the guest room. That is the coolest room in the whole house. I turned the A/C down to sixty and got me an really thick winter blanket and settled down next to him. Poor guy was so restless and weary. He just kept moaning "I want to be cold now."

This morning he woke up and looked fine, but only for a few minutes. Even before he could use the bathroom and open his eyes all the way he starting crying and saying he felt "green and sort of yucky" I checked his temp and this time the thermometer said 98 even. I might get a new one this afternoon when S gets home. The kids was burning to the touch - and he was dark red. Anyway, he has been eating freeze pops and watching TV in my room all morning. So not like him to watch TV for hours. Around nine he asked to watch a movie and thought for sure after the big race beginning in CARS he would bounce out of bed and want to play, but he is still in there.

It could be a few things:
  • He has a loose tooth, he could be cutting a new one underneath
  • He complained briefly about a sore stomach - this is a common complaint and we are thinking we better get that checked out
  • He had an allergic reaction to bath and body works sunscreen the other day, and got really itchy and rashy
  • He is just a kid, and is fighting off something

Still, I feel bad for him.

More about me: I might go back to work. On a whim I looked up jobs online and found one that was exactly calling for my experience and degree. So I applied on line and have a phone interview tomorrow. Phone interviews are weird. I always hated depleting the applicant pool that way beause I SUCKED at it! Everyone who sounded good on the phone showed up in sweat pants and purple hair or with their kids in tow on the actual person to person interview. Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't admit that - you never know what a google search of your name will show your interviewer. LOL. So phone interviews - anyway - normal experience tells me that if I 'pass' they'll want to see me next week and I won't be here, so it looks like I might actually start looking when I get back. Can't wait to tell you, my dear readers how I embarrass my self during the conversation. I can already see it

So tell us about your self

I am a great ROI manager and people person. I also fall down a lot, say the wrong thing at the wrong time and occasionally fart in public. My son will let you know very loudly when that happens.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

LOL you're so funny! You ARE returning to normal aren't you;) So glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. It was great talking to you two days in a row!

Darlene said...

The silent ones are the deadliest. Wait till you get my age and it doesn't stop:) Best thing for that is to not eat!

Kim said...

Oh you are funny. Hope C feels better. Hope the job works out for you, and I know I'm a little late w/ everything, but just catching up on your blog. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I didn't want to say anything because you sound like you might feel better, but I wanted to let you know I care about you, and I'm praying for you. Hang in there : )