Thursday, June 18, 2009

73.2

73.2 and the heat is on. My mothers is a lunatic, being proactive in case ol' grandpa gets cold. Maybe we could just plug him in to an electric blanket. Really - the pellet stove is on and set to eighty - in a few hours I will be melting.



Better today - somewhat. At least more numb even without the drugs - of which I WANT BACK! I called the nurses and left a message for the doctor. I know something is not exactly right, granted that could just be in my head. I doubt they'll call back anytime soon and I am positive they won't just order me more happy drugs - maybe pain killers - but those really are a dime a dozen. Well, don't I just sound like a junkie?!?!?



73.8 and increasing.



Mom took the grandparents to the barber shop - they should be back soon. Until then I have moved up to my room with the windows open. It is only 60 outside, it feels good.



When I was a kid I use to sit up here on the floor in the alcove. The window on the peek of the house sits on the floor in a cut out and I use to fit perfectly there with my knees pulled up to my chest. There was this huge tree that had these big leaves that touched the window in the summer time. I use to have visions of the tree getting stronger at the end of the branch and being able to climb right out. That never came to fruition although I did jump a few times down to the flower box under the dining room window, that is until I realized my parents were deaf and I could just sneak out the front door. LOL. The tree is gone now and the yard, although green and flat looks pretty, to me it seems a little barren.



I ate cookies for breakfast today. They made me sick. I want fruit and veggies! Luckily Grandma went shopping with Mom this morning and they seem to have gotten some fruit and I was able to eat a banana with lunch. Tomorrow I am just going to have to go out and have a salad - a huge one. My sister should be in town then which should be good.



Oh well the troops just pulled in the driveway - better go and pretend to be thrilled we are all going to the mall. Oh God - five people in a car one of which is a smoker!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I would love to rescue you!