Monday, June 22, 2009

Since Friday

My dad graduated on Saturday. The ceremony was better to be expected and the party was too. Actually my sister made all the middle grown ups and kids play wiffle ball and that was a blast. My team sucked, after two innings we stopped keeping score.

And that is pretty much it. Although between the graduation and the party my sister and I went to lunch and I totally unloaded on her. I complained about everything including my mother's "white women's afro" to real issues going on. Eventually we ate ice cream at Friendly's and I felt better.

Yesterday when I got of the plane is just all came flooding back. S picked us up and as soon as I sat in the car I fell asleep. Holy overload Batman. But we still went to a ball game and out to eat, and by nine o'clock I had most of the down stairs clean enough to sit in. Normal evening behavior, TV, a hot drink, and a comfy bed - no smoking, no hysterical fake laughs, or ignorant family gossiping. Ahhhh, home.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

J, I just caught up on everything. I am SO sorry you had to go through all of that. I'm glad you're home where you can be you and you can just let it all out. I have no words that can truly comfort and take away the pain right now. Love you and praying for you.

Becca said...

Home Sweet Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!