Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Since Monday

I'm back to cleaning. Therapy at it's best, already I feel better. Our friends are coming tomorrow and I am pretty happy about that. The Sox are in town and we've all got tickets, so how can one not be thrilled about that? I wouldn't know :P)

We got some good news yesterday, S's extension was approved. We will be staying here an extra year until February 2011. I was so tempted to start packing today. The extension means we can move out closer to S's work and C can go to school, a really good school! We are going to give our 30 day notice the first week of July (at least that is the plan) and move out accordingly. What a weight lifted off our shoulders.

I had the interview yesterday. It was so weird. I interviewed with almost 20 people. First I met with the director for an hour and then I had this strange interview / meeting with a bunch of people I would be supervising. They fired questions at me that were so inappropriate and non work related, but I kept a smile and just answered as best I could. From what I can remember there were 12 or 13 people in there. Once that was over I met with the director again followed by another round table type firing range with four other managers. I think I did good until that point. My perma grin was starting to fade, and quite frankly I was a little put off by the questioning and emphasis on moral. Red flags left and right. Who knows if I will ever hear from them again, but the three hours it lasted gave me enough interview experience to last years!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Great news about the extension! I'll keep my fingers crossed about the job if you really want it. And start packing.

Jamie said...

YEAH!!!! So glad THAT will all work out for you w/the extension! Will this job be near where you move? At least something is looking up! Still praying for you!