Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Days

What a glorious weekend, yet again we've been blessed with the most awesome weather. Yesterday we finished power washing the lower deck and side of the house but other than that it has been all fun stuff. Granted power washing is sort of fun for a while :D.

Friday night we took C over to the community center for a Halloween party. It ended up being so fun. They had kid games set up in three different gyms and in the forth gym they a great magic show. There was a pumpkin carving contest and C won! He picked out a template of a skeleton head online and we printed it and and taped it to the pumpkin. C took a pen and poked holes around the outside of the lines. When we took the paper off the pumpkin we used a sharpie to connect the dots and then I made the first cuts with the larger knife. C used a pumpkin carving safety knife for kids to cut out the rest. In our decorations box we found a battery operated blinking light that we put in the center and then C had the idea to put his pirate eye patch over one eye. It came out so good. I was pretty proud of him.

On Saturday we went to the Herndon Homecoming parade. The town was really decked out in team spirit! LOL - I love small town life. We cheered for the homecoming princesses and queen, we yelled lowed for all the graduating 6th, 8th, and 12th grade floats, we whistled for the trash guys and the snow plow trucks, we even waved at all the Girl Scout troops - all in an effort to get candy thrown at us of course. The whole things was a blast. Later that day C had a few friends over for a few hours and that too went swimmingly.

This morning I woke up and made C some breakfast. While we were eating he asked me if we could work on his book. He had this idea last week to make a real book for his library at school. To my surprise he was serious and has been working very hard on it. This morning he finished his sentences and illustrated the pages. Then he dug out some stickers to spruce up the pages. We are going to take it over to Staples to have it laminated later today. (I think)

As of right now, Maggie and I are just hanging out in the den watching TV while S and C play Wiffle Ball in the back yard. It is just so wonderful out, none of us seem to be able to get enough. In fact, I think I will join them.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Aww sounds like a great day! Love that he wants to make a book. Hannah, too, has said that in the past- to make a book to publish that will be in the library! lol I know she's made her siblings some books. Sorry I didn't call last week- it was so busy. This week is much better...does it work for you? Let me know via fb or email!

Becca said...

I am so glad you had abeutiful weekend! The weather was awesome here Saturday and the boys and I got to spend a great day with P & M. so cool about C taking the initiative and coming up with that book idea. Give him a high five for me! I would like to see it when it is done. enjoy the weather, I love fall!!