Monday, October 11, 2010

In 1492

S leaves for TX today. Not sure how I feel about that since I just picked him up from the airport of Friday. Then next week he is off to CA. It is a lot. Actually, it is the norm. But if anything, to be honest, it is pretty easy when he is gone. C and I have a routine, and it works out just fine. We just miss him.

This weekend proved to be as glorious as it began. The weather is stunning. Heat without the humidity of summer. Today it is suppose to reach 85, but this morning it was breezy and cool. The three of us walked downtown and had breakfast at one of our favorite diners. It is about a mile and a half away, so we got a lot of exercise in early.

Speaking of exercise ... my family is aiming to take a group photo this Christmas, so looks like I will be dieting once again. Errr. I gain and loose the same ten pounds all the time. It is so annoying. My dad lost over 85 pounds and looks amazing. My mother lost about 25 and looks soooo skinny. My sister is loosing consistently, plus when she is thinner she's got an actual body. I am sort of curve-less and lets face it, M, well ... baby's got back. Needless to say she looks fantastic. Soooo, I suppose it is my turn... again. Last week I cut out a lot of junk and lost 1.7 pounds. And that includes chicken nuggets and Red Robin. So I suppose it isn't as hard as I make it out to be.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I feel your pain! I thnk I lost these last few months, the stress has been killer. But I still over do the ice cream and that is a big problem. I weigh the same as I did this time last year according to my annual physical, and my doctor seems to have no prob with it, but, I could stand to loose a few.

Sometimes it is easier with the men gone. They lack the patience we have for one thing! But it also is killer, just having T distant emotionally is hard. I hope the travel time slows down by the holidays and you guys can just chill and enjoy having him home! It is such a balancing act!