Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Great News!

Not that I have a million followers, or that even one of my followers would be reading every word, but still I feel the need to live vicariously through others, and report it to what few faithful readers I do have.

So, a little while ago I mentioned that our friends were going through IVF at the same time we were. Well, apparently they had a positive result. So for the first time ever, and I do mean ever, in my married life, I am really truly excited for someone else being pregnant. Now normally, I love hearing news of a new baby on the way from my friends, but somewhere in the initial "we are pregnant" speech, as I am preaching my excitement, which is genuine, I feel a pit in the bottom of my stomach. Although I am always happy for the families, I start to feel sad that it isn't us. But this time, not so much.

I just really happy for them. Maybe I am just getting older and wiser, or maybe I just feel like our turn is around the corner, I don't know. Either way it is great news for them and for me.

In other news, I am back from Massachusetts. Mom is doing just fine and was really happy C and I came up. We stayed really close to home to help her out but we did sneak away to see my cousin E play soccer. It was awesome. Also, as always we had Sunday Dinner at Mom's. Only 12 of us this time around, but still fun. Just sitting around talking about nothing and everything while we eat some great home cooking. It was nice. I wish Joe's family would get together for no reason sometimes - might be nice to see how the other side of the family lives. (more on that subject later - I've got lots to bitch about there)

TTFN - JJ (as my sister calls me)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so excited for your friends! Also, I love your genuine honesty...I can only begin to imagine how hard it would be to repeatedly hear 'we're pregnant' but its not you...

Kim said...

That's wonderful news. I bet they are ecstatic. I will be praying for you guys as it will be your turn. Keep your head up and be optimistic. Glad you and C made it home safely.Hope your mom is doing well.