Monday, March 9, 2009

It's That Time Again

Every year I do all my annoying appointments right before my B-day. Dentist, Gyn, and the Investment Banker are all set. Granted the Gyn will most likely tell me a random culture has expired and I will have to go back again. That is just the way the seem to be.

So, here I am spread to the nines when the doc all bubbly and cute announces, "Oopsie, forgot to do your breast exam." And she leaves me in the 'position' to complete the OOpsie, which TMI - tickled??? That never happened before. I was really laughing and not because I was embarrassed, It friggin tickled. Then bubbly doc says, "well those are weird" and then didn't elaborate. So I say "what are weird?" Bubbly doc that laughs and says "Oh nothing, lets do the pelvic next." ... Strangest appointment ever...

The banker issue was a non-issue this year. My 401K lost 9,000. Which leaves me with only 1,000 left. I am taking the cash rolled over into an IRA, but only because I have no choice. I mean I could take 700.00 of the 1000.00 and call it all quits, but then I am actually paying taxes of 30% which is just more loss. Mom said it best when she said "Well, it is 1,000 bucks you will never have to save again if you roll it over." And there you have actual lucid, valid, and intelligent advice from my mother - that I am actually taking.

Next is the Dentist. I am late this year, not going until the end of the month. They just couldn't fit me in. Which is a bummer - I actually like going on my B-day - then my teeth are extra shiny in pics - oh well such is life.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What a freaky doc! LOL Stinks about losing so much...