Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just a Thought

I have been saying all summer that I'd be going back to work this fall. Well; it isn't as easy as I had anticipated. For the last month I have been sending out resumes with little to no response. What I really want is to work for the government, but that doesn't seem to have gone anywhere. So, I've opted to switch gears. I am looking into a few options such as being a real estate agent, working in retail, or a as substitute teacher. [Although, randomly you need character reference letters, one from your last employer and one from another supervisor. (that is so stupid; my former supervisor owns a company,and although we parted on good terms and she is nice, she has NO time for that - getting one would take months) ]

The most interesting option is real estate agent. But I am not sure there are jobs out there for that either. Just a thought. I'd have to go to a certification class and take a state test for an agent, but it looks fairly do-able. We'll see.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Finding a job is so hard J. I have been looking in earnst since we got home from vacation and nothing. I too have had to hunt people down to write recomendation letters, one job wanted 3 of them! And nothing. But I am taking the postal exam next week. Do real estate agents work on commision only? Like if you don't see a house you don't get paid. Make sure you find that out.