Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dumpster Dives & Cheapo Finds

Today was interesting. First C wakes me up at 6:00 and announces "Good Morning Mommy! It is 7:00, and I have had 3 granola bars, the rest of the cookies, and poured my own juice, Oh and here is your coffee, bye gotta go, oh yeah and I'm hungry can you make me breakfast?" Sooo I schlep downstairs and let the dog out, poured out the cup of coffee C made, and picked up the wrappers from the snack raid. Next I made a new pot of coffee and made breakfast. Somehow I missed the clock and didn't realize it was 6:00 until I tried to put on the Today Show. I am certainly not that chipper in the morning, but I was particularly not in a good mood this morning. In fact I had quite a headache and by 7:00 I was on the couch, with a blanket and cold cup of coffee sitting on the table. I am pretty sure the dog drank it once I fell back to sleep.

Later, I heard the shower running and went back to my room assuming it was Joe, which it was, so I crawled back in bed and didn't get up until 11:00. Joe said he tried to wake me but I wouldn't budge. It was so weird. I have no idea even when I actually went up there, but once I woke up I was fine. Last night I took four Tylenol by mistake. I meant to take two, but forgot I already took them and then just popped two more without thinking. I ended up in bed by 10:00 and was feeling really dopey. Maybe it was all connected. Anyway...

Once I awoke from the dead Scott dropped me off at the post office to mail some Ebay stuff. I ended up walking home because he and C saw a basketball hoop on the side of the road that someone was throwing out. So they ventured off to get it. As they drove off I told Joe to get the bench and the Tonka trucks from a few doors down too. He has no shame, me I wait until it is dark out (hee hee - like it matters) So he went shopping / dumpster diving what ever you want to call it, we call it Curb-bees. Next we went over to Andrews and ate Taco Bell. (the results: most likely the dog won't even want to hang out with me later) After lunch we checked out their thrift store- I got C a new shirt and vest for Easter for only 3.00. Then we headed over to a thrift store I read about online near the base. It was packed, but we managed to load up our cart. I got C two pairs of sneakers, once pair of Walmart brand and one pair of Vans which look new, then we got two pounds of Lego's, a bag filled with transformers and McDonald's toy, and I got a Kate Spade pocket book, the whole bill came to 14.00. Last weekend we went to a different thrift store in Falls Church which we loaded up a full cart with stuff for only 33.00. I looked online to see if they had any other locations and found this one.

So I expected the purse to be a knock-off. I remember reading somewhere that Kate Spade's are the easiest ones to copy. I checked it out and it looked pretty good. The stitching is good, the leather handles are real leather and there is a country of origin label on the inside. So I decided to check the web. http://ihatecounterfeitbags.info/katespadelabels had my labels - under real Kate Spade bags. That means I just paid 3.94 for a 300.00 hand bag either that or I paid 3.94 for a damn good 40.00 knock off. Either way, I made out. Yeah me.

After my great finds, we headed home and decided to take Maggie and C over to the baseball field. We had a blast. For over an hour we were hitting tennis balls to the out field and seeing who got them faster, the dog, or the kids. It was a riot and we had so much fun. It was still in the 40's today but with no wind we could bear it :O). Maggs was thrilled to get to run off leash. She has pretty much been sleeping since we got home. Up only once to see what I put in the sink after dinner. She can reach the sink, and likes to lick the plates, so so sad.

Once we got home we were all wicked thirsty so I poured us some juice and C and I sat at the table eating a snack and he says "Mom, this is a great weekend, Monopoly last night and Yatzee, getting cheap stuff at the store and Curb-Bees then going to the baseball field." I really don't know how we are going to top this for tomorrow. Ha ha.

2 comments:

Kim said...

MY kids alway raid the cupboards too while I'm sleeping. They eat chocolate for breakfast and when I wake up, I have to deal with their hyperness. Sounds like you really found some good deals especially with that purse. Oh on my blog you asked when we got a Ruby Tuesdays, It just opened in the last month or so. We also got a new Buffalo WIld Wings, Up the Creek, SPace Aliens. There's a bunch of new things since you left here. It's about time though, they needed new things around here. Minot is Upgrading..lol

Jamie said...

Wow, I'm heading on the next plane there and you're going to take me to those thrift stores! What a bunch of deals! That is awesome! I LOVE hitting stuff like that. What a funny nickname, Curb-bees. So, did you top yesterday with today's events? Oh, yeah did you have your 'talk' with D & L?