Monday, February 23, 2009

Hip Check

Seriously, I am really ticked. Mostly at myself, but if I could find someone to blame I might feel better. Somethings are just not fair. I call foul!

Now, I watch my weight and exercise... a lot. I am not saying I go 'Biggest Looser' style with 6-8 hour workouts, but I get an hour a day at least. For example this morning I ran for 20 minutes on the treadmill than rode the bike and elliptical for another 25, add in normal activities like walking the dog, chasing C around, and cleaning and I more than have an hour already for today. In fact, you would think I would weight much less than I really do, but I have a habit of skipping breakfast, grazing at lunch and totally pigging out at dinner, which means my metabolism hates me. Anyway, I decide that before the next IVF cycle I should try to trim down 10% which would be 18 pounds. YIKES. (Math geeks would see me at 180).

Anyway I have been doing a little better with the consistent eating and cut back caffeine and cream in my coffee. But I noticed I always weighed the same. Then on Saturday I weighed myself with full clothing including shoes and my coat and weighed 180. Oh crap! I thought and promptly went out to by a new scale yesterday. Things are not good my friends they are not good at all.

I must have looked really bad to the doc during cycle because every time before they weighed me I would say 185 when asked the question. But really I was tipping the scales ten pound heavier. TEN! Oh yes, I am admitting it, I am barely under the dreaded 200 mark. 195.

So I grabbed the new scale and weigh myself in every room that has a hard surface. It is the same 194.8, which really is 195. So then I take the old scale and grab the dog and her and I stand on it and weigh in at 175. The dog weighs 35 pounds! I am sick over it, just sick.

All I can say is. I have lost weight since I stopped working at CSS - I do not even want to know what I really weighed back then. I am sooooooooo on a real diet.

No comments please, lets just pretend this is all a scary dream. (HA!)

No comments: