Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's an IVF World Out There

Yesterday, after tracking down the phone I placed a call the IVF nurse and left a message. I've noticed how completely out of breath I am when I call this place. Normally because I find the phone somewhere downstairs and then run upstairs because that is where her phone number is located and because it makes me so nervous. So here is my call:

ME "Hi Tessa! My name is JW and I was part of the January IVF cycle. My last four are **** and I am ready to try again in April. Call me, +++-+++-++++.

Press One to Keep and Press Two to re-record. I then Press two.

ME "Good Morn.... oh crap it is afternoon."

Press One to Keep and Press Two to re-record. I then Press two.

ME " Good afternoon, my name is JW my number is ***-***-****"

Press One to Keep and Press Two to re-record. I then Press two.

ME "Hey, this is JW and I ...." then I inhale large breath and inadvertently make a fart noise with my mouth.

Press One to Keep and Press Two to re-record. I then Press two.

ME "Hi, this is JW please call me regarding enrolment in the April cycle, my number is ***-***-**** and last four are ****, thank you.

Press One to Keep and Press Two to re-record. I then Press one.

Anyway the nurse called back today and said I need a new PAP and new blood work, that all my previous information was now out of date. Need I remind anyone that I had eight trans-vaginal, yes eight, as in probe up the who-ha ultrasounds in a matter of seven days. You are telling me no one could let me know then my PAP was going to expire. And blood work?!?!?!? Hello, you took my blood every day for almost two weeks! But I digress. After the first cycle, I really have no shame.

The nurse also let me know that she would send my chart back to the finance department and they will call me with the balance due for April. I am on pins and needles over this one. The doctor did say we would be able to roll over the majority of costs, but still it is scary to know a big bill will be on our door step again.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

ROFLOL U should have began blogging a long time ago, you crack me up! What a pain to do that all again!