Monday, February 2, 2009

Let's Play!

This morning I woke up to the sound of a battle. The dog was barking, C was hooting and hollering, and all this plastic sounding crashing was going on. It took me only seconds to know which toys they were playing with. Imaginex take up a large toy box all by themselves in our guest room. On rainy days, or super cold nights we pull them out and build castles, ships, and entire villages of dinosaurs and pirates. The toys are fun, but the building part is tedious. We have books upon books of part lists, and connection directions, but it just takes hours to complete. So once upon a time Joe told C that he was building "Castle Ghettoville" and proceeded to secure mismatched pieces together just to create something quick. So that is what we call our Imaginex, Castle Ghettoville. And Castle Ghettoville is what I woke up to this morning, and I immediately joined in the battle for the lava pits. It was kind of fun to play in my jammies with my hair all crazy.

My hair is still crazy, although I did manage to get a quick show in, I didn't have time to actually do anything with this mop. C has been wanting to play different things all morning. After Castle Ghettoville we moved on to magic tricks, go-fish, word games on his kiddie lap top, puzzle games, and a time telling game. After a few hours I said, okay time to clean up and get ready for school. C looked at me shook his head, and said "Uhhmmm Mommy, I kind of have a lot to do today, sooooo can we just keep playing." To which I responded to in a giggling, "Really, a lot to do, ahh yes, like school." The conversation went back and forth, I lost. Somehow I have been talked into a play dough mess, a hair cut, a bath, then lunch, then school. Currently we are up to the bath.

Sometimes I forget how much fun it is to play. I start thinking I actually don't like it, I'm too tired, too busy, too lazy, too something or other. I have had fun this morning and so has my son, which is a nice change from the normal Monday routine.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

And in all that you did with him he WAS learning! That is WAY better than book learning! You go mama!!!