Friday, February 20, 2009

IKEA - the new daycare?

A friend and I brought our kids to Ikea today. We brought them there with a mission. Wear them out, and avoid the winter blahs we have all been experiencing. So we bussed four kids 25 miles just to have free day care for an hour. It was so worth it. The kids all played in the ball pit and T and I walked around looking at weirdly small furniture. After we took the kids to their cafe and loaded up on oddly American versions of Swedish foods. In the end we talked about going there next week if the weather doesn't warm up.

It has been in the 40's - YIKES! I was feeling really cold until I read a friends blog - she said it was 9, and not that bad. Perspective is everything.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

the 40s is almost a heat wave here! i've never been to ikea...sounds like an adventure!

Kim said...

When I heard IKEA i was thinking just a furniture store. I was like how funny you took them to jump all over furniture. I didn't know they had all that stuff at IKEA, but then again I never been in one. Sounded fun for the kiddos though.