Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I am OK

So, I am fine. The other day's crazy weight fiasco is okay - I am good now. But oh so on a diet, which should be pretty easy over Lent anyway since you are suppose to fast through to Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner only. No snacking for 40 days and 40 nights. BTW, I cut that back to only Friday's in years past because the church does allow it, but I am going old school. Should be back to normal by Easter. Which is great because IVF starts the day after.

Speaking of IVF. I talked with the financial office at Walter Reed and found out how much we owe, 367.00. Can you believe it? I am so excited. We fronted 6800 and were canceled on day 10, the day before surgery. Apparently we over paid for an extra procedure that we don't need, so there was carry over from that. That is all a great relief. We should have our small but helpful refund from the IRS on Friday, so there you have it - we don't have to charge another round. Yippeeeeee.

In other news I have been praying a ton for our friends because they just recently finished a cycle of IVF. They must be getting or have already gotten their results some time this week. I am so hopeful for them. Even though they are far away it was nice to go through it together. However, it would be better if we didn't go through it together again because that would mean someone is actually pregnant. For an pretty un-superstitious person, I probably just jinxed us all, oh well Thoughts & Prayers.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, that is great that that's all you have to pay! What a relief! I could never give up my junk food! lol did my comment work on the last one a few days ago? stupid computers...

Kim said...

I tried and tried to post a comment the other day too and it wouldn't work. Anyway what a blessing to only have to pay that much. I bet that's a big weight off your shoulders. Well I will pray for you guys. I hope and pray everything will go well and smoothly. Oh and like JAmie, I can't give up my sweets, It's like a person trying to quit smoking for me....lol

I am OK said...

Last night at church the priest really went on and on and on about not complaining or showing that you are fasting. So I guess by posting it, I have already messed that one up. But it isn't real fasting, I mean we eat three square a day. Catholics? Sometimes we are so wierd. LOL

Anyway, giving up a few snacks is good. Espescially since the healthier I am the better my chances for IVF. I am just glad I decided to loose a few, and figured out I weighed more - otherwise who knows what would have happened.

You guys are the best. So supportive. It makes me feel like we live down the street from each other again. :P)