Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Old, Shriveled, & My Mother

New readers - this is way too much info I am sure - but what else are blogs for?

Still no period. Still. As in it has been a month since I stopped the fertility drugs and have an abundant amount of eggs just floating around all shriveled up and gross. I just made an appointment for the annual the nurses ordered and am going to get the blood work done today. I read somewhere that your body may absorb unused eggs much like a miscarriage in early pregnancy. In that case, I would assume I wouldn't be in pain. And as you might have guessed I am not a doctor.

In other news, I think I might have turned into my mother. Yesterday I wore a "clean bowling" shirt (as she would call it) and later that night, as I am stripping in front of the washing machine, (a habit of mine) I realize I have on white boring tennis shoes, ripped jeans, a brightly colored shirt, a stained sweatshirt, and as you may have guessed, if you know my Mom, my hair was a white a women's fro. No need to throw it all in the wash, I trashed the sweatshirt and the jeans, shirt went to the goodwill bag, and the sneakers - well they are the best walking shoes I have - so up in my closet they went. If I start talking about the Home Depot at random intervals please just shoot me.

3 comments:

Kim said...

It's been awhile since we talked. So it's kinda new to me. Are you still receiving fertility treatments? I know I shouldn't probably ask. Just reading your blog, I was kinda behind in the news. Well I hope you get to see a DR. I think I heard about absorbing eggs too before. But like you, I'm no Dr. And uncertain of it. Was just wondering, Since you haven't had any period, have you taken a test to see if you were pregnant? Well I hope everything works out for you. Sorry if I came across as rude by asking these questions.

Jamie said...

What's up w/those eggs!!! I hope you get some answers soon! Frustrating! I find myself sounding like my mom all the time. I will hold you accountable to the HD;) I remember you telling me about that before.

I am OK said...

Hey Kim - Ask away - anytime.

We tried IVF in January but our cycle as they call it, was cancled becuase my hormone levels were a mess. We are going to try again in April.

I so wish I was pregrnant, but sadly not the case.