Sunday, August 16, 2009

Holly Heat Batman

It was friggin hot today. As I sat in the first row on the first base side of a ball game - awesome seats! - I nearly fried. In fact it was so hot the park was actually giving away free water and ice. I made it to the seventh inning. Our team was winning, the Frederick Keys, so I was able to talk S into leaving. That in itself is a win - I have sat through two and a half hour rain delays with this man, and he still wouldn't leave a game early - lol. Anyway - we had fun. Summer Sunday's at their best.

I've got a lot to yap about, but lately I just don't have the concentration. The new house has sort of drained me. I owe three people email replies, still want to send out change of address notes, need to go to C's new school, reformat the computer, figure out our new budget, and a whole list of other things. Plus, I have like five open letters to complain in - that I still haven't done. Well not happening tonight. S has asked me to help him find stuff out about Pike's Peak. There is a whole story to go with that. Oh well - S is out of town all week - maybe I'll catch up.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you should of went to a public pool instead of a ball game....lol Try to enjoy the last days of summer before you know it it will be over.

Becca said...

Unbearably hot here also, I had 4 kids today, my 2 and A's girls, and the heat was crazy! At least we had the pool! But I am not ready for this summer to end, we have had some good times.
And I know what you measn, I can't seem to concentrate these days without a lot of effort!