Thursday, August 20, 2009

Melt This.

Tonight's events were fun but strange.

  • First, I was the only one who was single for the night, at a restaurant set up for couples.
  • Second, I was paired with a couple to share a fondue pot, the wife was pregnant - so I figured, let the pregnant lady pick the accoutrement's - which worked out just fine, to my surprise.
  • Third, her husband was sort of a dick.
  • Fourth our waitress dropped 380.00 worth of food on the floor before she was able to get it to our table.
  • Fifth, I though she was going to cry and felt really bad for her. Sixth, the others started to complain. I did not. It was A's Birthday, she picked the place and I didn't want her to feel responsible to what turned out to be really crappy service.
  • Seventh, I drank I think seven diet cokes, all of which I had to ask for, some of them more than once.
  • Eighth, we were there for over four hours.
  • Ninth, we all paid 8.00 for valet parking. Our cars were parked directly in front of the restaurant??? How is that Valet? The guy didn't even move some people's cars from where they pulled up.
  • Tenth, The food was really good, and my friend looked so pretty in her new dress. I didn't look half bad either :O) Although I did want to undo the button on my skirt before I got into the car - LOL.
  • Eleventh, the butter garlic sauce for the lobster tasted like the smell of the bathroom air freshener. EEWWWWEEE.
  • Twelfth, I tripped on a tear in the carpet on the way to the lobster garlic butter sauce bathroom. My heel caught the edge of the carpet and pulled this huge string out. I am pretty sure the tear was there before hand , not so sure if anyone saw me or not. I swear follow me around with a video camera - eventually you'll get a video on America's Funniest Video's.
  • Thirteenth, everyone was talking about ultrasounds and giving birth - I made a trip back to the bathroom - water proof mascara people - it is the way to go.
  • Fourteenth, On the way out we all took pictures, that was sort of fun and silly. Two people were walking by and I said, "oh strangers, oh strangers can you please help us?" They just kept walking. Another girl, M and I were giggling over that. Then the boys got the valet guy - who didn't really valet anything to take the pictures. I am pretty sure my eyes were closed in all shots. On the last one I was trying not to blink, and then my eyes started to water while I waited and just as the flash started, I had to blink away the burn. Luckily A's husband is a master photo shop artist. I think I'll ask him to give me JLo's body and whiten up my teeth while he's at it. Ha, ha.
  • And fifteenth, I totally got lost on the way home. Downtown NW DC gets me every time. S took the GPS and the cell phone to Denver. I had a few choice words for him as I was doing a slight pee pee dance in the front seat (see 7 diets cokes in #7) with my skirt unzipped (see "unbuttoning in # 10) and my seat belt sort of positioned away from my bladder as I drove home. You'd think after living in DC for 3.5 years I'd know my way around. HA.

In the end, strange but fun overall. It was nice to get all dolled up and go out, even is S couldn't make it. The babysitter was awesome, and for the first time in a long time I didn't worry if I was out too late or if some other parent was getting sick of my kid running around like a raving lunatic pretending he was some general or private from Call of Duty. In fact the babysitter was thrilled that I allow video games and was asked C right away if he wanted to join forces and fight the German's. To my surprise C replied with "in World War One or Two?" What? I didn't even know he knew about any real wars - I guess video games are good for something after all.

2 comments:

Kim said...

How cool you got to get all dolled up for a night on the town. SOunds like an expensive fun night though. #13 made me sad, sorry you had to hear those things to make you sad..(((hugs))) Wish I could get over the fact of having someone else take care of my kids while we go out. I have never had a babysitter since Jesse was a baby and COllette, you, or jamie watched him. I would love to go on a date w/ my husband, maybe one day when their like 14 or something....lol Kids pick up everything on video games sometimes it can be very educational and other times the fighting in games has a negative effect on them. We took HAlo away from our kids about a year ago because we noticed them hitting each other way more or trying to do some things the game did on each other. I really hated that game so glad its gone

Jamie said...

Stinks that you were the only one solo, stinks that the service was crap for such a pricey place, how dumb about the 'valet' parking. How horrible about the conversation you had to endure...I'm so sorry. Glad the sitter worked out. I was wondering about that, I know you've had some issues there. I must say #15 had me busting out loud laughing!