Wednesday, August 12, 2009

An Open Letter to Anne Marie A

... I wonder if she'll Google her name? I better take the last name out of the title.

Dearest Anne Marie,

It has been years since I have seen you. Remember the last time you followed me in your car beeping and honking until I had pulled over. I was leaving for North Dakota in a few days? I met you daughter she was a toddler - before that the last time I had seen you was at her / your baby shower, and before that high school. You confuse me. Seems you have a good life now, two kids, a job that keeps you busy, and I assume you still have both your parents. The husband seems to be out of the picture. So now what are we, email buddies? I don't think so.

As you will remember, you tend to stretch the truth to unrecognizable proportions. I will not be returning your last email, claiming that your beloved son has CP and is on the Autism spectrum. Those are real issues that need real attention, no joking or "stretching" matters. Because of our past encounters I am inclined to think that the back ground you provided on your son, J, might be blown out of proportion and I do not want to be involved. I have friends that have children with real issues who need so much support and external motivation, they would trade anything for "normal." I feel it would be a betrayal to them to befriend someone who may be lying about their real diagnosis and everyday struggles.

My advise to you, if you would like to connect with old "friends" keep it light - hey how are ya? Life is good, I have two wonderful kids, my parents are well, I'm living in .... - that kind of stuff. Because of your past as Pinocchio you need to develop trust first. I am careful who I am friends with, for this I owe to you - as backwards as that may sound.

I also would like to thank you for setting S and I up on a blind date in 1994. For this you may take credit as a one time match maker.

Best regards to a long healthy life for you and your family,
Sincerely,
I can't handle fake

PS. If you have changed to great proportions and I am completely wrong, I welcome the opportunity to see, marriage, divorce, employment, and medical reports for you and your family.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow! I think I remember you telling me about her! Didn't she at one time want you to adopt her child or something, or is that somebody else?