Thursday, August 20, 2009

Super Mom

Alright, alright - enough whining. I'm better. I'm am still ticked at S, but really it's nothing new. He flips anytime I mention Las Vegas. God knows why, I go with my sister, and I've only been two times. Whatever, if I want to go, I'm going. He goes everywhere. This week he is in Denver for crying out load. Yes, it is for work, but in September he is planning a trip to Massachusetts to see his friends over a holiday weekend - so screw it. What is wrong with saving up and going on a little get away for three days? It doesn't even have to be Vegas, that is just where M and I wanted to go last time. I am not going to feel guilty about wanting to have some non-family-friendly fun.

With that in mind I signed up for Zumba classes starting the middle of September. Go me. I always see my friend BRJ posting to FB that she just go back from Zumba, and it looks like fun. It is an aerobic dance work out deal. I also signed C up for gymnastics. Out off all to pick from that is what he really wanted to do. S might be mortified when he finds that out. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA - I feel no sympathy for cavemen.

Life is good once again. Also - going to the Melting Pot tonight. Nope - can't afford it, or the 8.00 an hour babysitter. I had two pay periods worth of notice, it didn't help. Still, should be fun. I am taking some money from the savings account. HA, I should say my pathetic account. I put the 800.00 from the washer in there. I spent like 260 on show tickets for Christmas eve, 265 on Zumba, gymnastics, and a few other individual classes at the local community center, and I bought a new dress, granted that was only 17, so I'm feeling pretty good.

So, this babysitter. I found her on Craigslist. I posted an ad last week. Another lady replied and said she charged 15.00 an hour! When I said I could offer 50.00 and a great meal for five hours of babysitting she wrote back "Sorry Ms Wagner, I don't do 10.00/hr". WTF? I had to change my ad to read, I pay 6.00 an hour, teens welcome with parents consent. I found a teen, but she's on VK, then a college girl emailed me and said she charges 8, if I can't find a teenager she'd love to help me out. I talked to her on the phone and she seemed really nice. Hope everything goes okay.

Currently I am waiting for the timer on the brownies to go off. Not sure how I am going to make it through the night without eating one! They smell so good. I have really been trying to loose a few more pounds. I am hovering around 180, which for me is friggin' great, but still not good for the old rear view. I swear I use to have these huge knockers, I get those paired down thanks to a crappy surgeon, to normal size and then start gaining weight in my ass. So, not fair. I was 175 at Easter, ish. But as soon as I started eating normal again, a few pounds crept back. Errr. Maybe I better run another mile on the tread mil?

I got C registered for school today. It was such a relief. I tell ya, yesterday I was about to loose my cool in front of the school administrator. I went to register C and they told me I needed an appointment. The appointment calender was empty for that day, Wednesday, so I said, how about now, or in a hour or two? The women said, I need 24 hour notice. Really bitch? Oh well, today she was nice. Registration took all of 12 minutes. 12 minutes, and for that she needed 24 hour notice. Who cares - he is registered. I had to make up a fake report card for him, how funny, and brought in his last physical from Nov. The fake report card was funny. I just down loaded a template from online and filled in the blanks. I didn't even bother to explain that he was home schooled this time around, so not worth the trouble. They took the report card at first glance and asked C who his teacher was. He sort of looked at me and then just hid behind the chair - we are going through a fake, very FAKE, pretend you are shy phase. Then the lady just moved on, and I didn't correct or adjust any info for her.

Next it was off to Target to by the school supply list. 25.00 later I am still missing notebooks, a binder, and ten YES TEN glue sticks. Silly.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Thats an awful lot of gluesticks! Wow! That lady didn't have to be such a jerk...like she couldn't have just saved you and her the trouble and signed you up right then and there! Ugh!

You're brave to find a sitter on Craigslist! I hope it works out! I should look at the map where you are, maybe I knew people around you.

I want a vacation too. Z was gone so much this year that I want to get away. Like yesterday. My kids are driving me nuts. Just take me to the funny farm.

Becca said...

Holy glue sticks!!! We won't get our list until the first day of school. I totaly relate to the fustration of dealin gwiht the husband. In 13 years of marriage we have never vacationed apart. Until he started camping wiht scouts this past year. But I do not count that as a VK.

I just need to go somewhere and would love to have a girls night out!! But I feel guilty when I leave D, and he will only stay with certin people. But .......what can you do. Glad that you were back to the funny J we love. But remember, we all deserve time to veg!

Kim said...

Yeah you are deifinitely brave to find a baby sitter on Craigs List. The fake report card cracks me up. My kids would called me out on that one and made me look really stupid and embarassed. Good thing for you that his fake shyness worked and you got past that potentially hazardous moment. Heck yeah you need to get away one time especially if S gets to. Thats not fair...lol