Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Personal Struggles

I've got issues. Nothing new right? Well, this time around things are different. I am having a problem voicing my opinion and expressing my discontent to the right people. In the past I have been able to say what I need to say, discuss the issue, and move on. But over the last three years I have either grown out of that trait or lost it by accident. I am not sure which. Lately, I just keep my mouth shut. I don't want any confrontations, I just want the uncomfortable crap to go away. Ultimately that just causes things to build up and when I want to talk again I am harboring negativity. Here are the latest cop out topics:

  • A trip to the Melting Pot
  • S's feelings about by previous solo vacations, only two - but he gets made anytime the topic gets brought up
  • S's past attitude towards me working full time - the support is pretty minimal
  • A Red Sox Game which leads to the above two topics
  • The W's and everything concerning them - I haven't even talked to them since they left - and don't care to
  • IVF, we just keep putting it off
  • Money, I am a little worried about it, but if I bring it up then he gets more worried - it isn't a factual conversation it ends up being an emotional one
  • Sex, see letters to Mother Nature

What is a girl to do? Eventually I am going to tip over from all the extra weight on my shoulders especially the husband issues. I don't like unresolved emotions. I have been telling people I have been really wrapped up in the new house and getting settled, but the truth is I haven't unpacked a box in days and have just been avoiding any type of new time commitment. Not that I haven't had commitments, we've been busy to some extent, but at night all I am doing is watch TV - no ambitions to return emails, talk with S, or even move. I don't know - it could be boredom, it could be depression, it could be just plain old exhaustion. Or it could be that I am just pissed off at my husband and have been avoiding confrontation so long that I don't feel I have the right to rant and rave. I've got issues, and like I said before - nothing new.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm right there with you on not being able to 'talk' quite so openly. Big hugs!!! Hope you just open up and get things resolved...or at least begin to find some peace and feel better.

Kim said...

I have been that way my whole life. Never liked confrontations either. Like you I always kept things bottled up. Which I learned is the worst thing to do. I know you dont want confrontations but communicating and just saying what is bothering you is better for you so you dont have to carry that around w/you and let it bother you. Hope you feel better.