Monday, August 31, 2009

An Open Letter to Feminine Products

Dear Always,

Yesterday I purchased a mega sized package of pads. As you can imagine, when someone goes to the store and only buys one item, it is because they need to use it right away. This is why I hardly ever go to the store just to buy toilet paper, pads, or medicated creams. I know the cashier is thinking, well she's on her period, or man she must really need to take a sh**, or man what type of rash does she have? But as payday is today and not yesterday I could not hide my purchase among other items I didn't really need.

So, I get home, got to the bathroom and, well, use the product. Later in the day I return the bathroom and notice it smells like cleaning solution. I find this kind of weird because I haven't cleaned the bathroom since Thursday. Then I realize it is the pad! So I reach over to my shelves to read the packaging and see that these are "newly scented".

I am writing you today to inform you of smells, that women might find pleasant while enduring this gift of femininity. Cleaning solution isn't' one of them. I would like baby powder, vanilla, or even cucumber melon - but Mr. Clean? Kind of ironic ey? Please, no more weird scents. It is disturbing.

Sincerely,
Crampy.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh boy, are you sure something didn't get spilled on those from shipping. I would of took them back. No way should they smell like cleaning solution. I am the same way when I buy things like who really needs to know its that time of the month...lol

Becca said...

No, they should not smell like cleaning stuf, I agree that maybe somehting must have spilled on them. The worse thing is having to buy that stuff when the boys are saying "Mom, what are those for?" and they get louder as you are trying ot ignore the question. Oh so fun

Jamie said...

That's why I send Zach to get them! I haven't needed them for over a year and a half though so its all good there. But to smell like that, yuck!