Monday, August 24, 2009

Run Forest Run

Yesterday I started to feel better after lunch. Of all things I ate McDonald's. There is a slight back story: By 10:00 I was a more of a wreck then I was when I was throwing up. Coop and I had just got back from the Verizon store (we needed a new cell phone) and S was just getting out of bed and needed to get working on his paper for school, so I talked C into watching cartoons with me. I was in and out of consciousness on the couch. Around 12:30-1:00 ish S wakes me up by yelling, "Hey did you erase the memory card, where are my pictures?" He doesn't even look - we always keep them in the same set of sub folders in the computer. He gets so annoyed if I use this stuff. He says he doesn't, but he does. He gets all defensive and rude. For crying out loud, I labeled the pictures Colorado 8/09. Granted I was sick and just woke up on the wrong side of the couch, but man was I annoyed. So I help him find the pictures. Then I realize the time and ask if he fed C. Nope. So I go in the kitchen planning on making sandwiches, but the sight of food makes me physically ill again, and my stomach started to convulse. So I just slap on a fake smile and tell C to get his shoes on, I can take him out. S gets all mad and starts stomping around saying C has left overs from the restaurant the night before and he can eat that. So we get in a little bit of a screaming match. Which really is my fault, I was sick and tired, and really crabby. But then I started to get really mad that S had no compassion to that. S said to me "well, what do you want from me?" and I yelled back "MORE" and left it at that. C finished his left overs and then we went to return some movies - the return box was at McDonald's. Once I had food in my stomach that I didn't have to cook or prepare, I felt worlds better.

Later the boys went to a ball game and I got time along in my own house. It was really nice. I was able to list a bunch of stuff on Ebay, Craigslist, and Stub hub. Then I realized I actually ate half an order of chicken nuggets and fries (I shared with C) so I decided to run on the treadmill for a spell. It felt great. I ran for like 25 minutes with out stopping, I didn't have to stop to let the dog in or out, didn't have to stop to hear C whining about something or other, didn't have to stop to separate the dog and kid, or stop to get anyone a snack, show them how to use a remote, or change a video game in the Xbox. It was great. I just wish I started earlier, I could of kept going, but it was 9:00 and I knew the boys would be home in a few. Sure enough I stopped and with in a few minutes heard the front door. I wonder if this will be what it is like when C goes to school. Might I actually be able to spend time on me guilt free? OOOOOHHHH so excited.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Man tend to not be so compassionate when it comes to you not feeling good. They think you should still be doing everything normally, and not resting. When it comes to them they are the biggest babies and want waited on hand and foot. Thats cool you got to exercise uninterrupted. I tried doing yoga and pilates and had my kids all surrounding me. I couldn't move and at one point Jalynn actually sat on my lap why I was trying to do some leg lifts.

Becca said...

That is definatly how it will be!!!!!! No one to say "Mom, the dog ate my lunch!!!!!" or "Mom...come here right now!" Or my personal fav, "Mom, I am hungry" uttered only 5 min after the last snack. I actually walk more and sometimes even take a NAP when they are in school. It is a wonderful thing! You can even talk on the phone.

Men have no clue, it's like you can have no feeling but happines and sunshine. God forbid you feel sick , tired or annoyed, only men are allowed to feel like that. (they are so wrong!!!)
Same thing happened here just today.