Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm Alive ... & Half Dead

Gee it feels like it has been forever since I updated my loyal listeners. (Ego stroking at its best)



So first, PAULA ... NOOOOOOO, oh how I enjoyed your pain killer induced stupors and you non relevant banter. You will be missed.



Second. I am scared from the W visit. Deep wounds people, deep. I just can't get over it. I am fixated on the audacity and pure selfishness of both my in laws. The other day I found out some more things that happened and I was totally mortified that now others are witness to what I deal with. The story in short. My neighbor was lost and 45 minutes from home. She called my house in a panic asking for help. D answered the phone. (I was in the shower) He refused her telling her "I'm really not dressed for that" when T asked him to go into her house and read a piece of paper on her counter. The house was unlocked and he has met her plenty of times. He was wearing shorts and a T shirt. Then I get out of the shower and D says something to the fact that T called and wanted to know if C and I were interested in some tickets. So I didn't even call her right back. I got a cup of coffee, started to read a magazine and relax when T called almost crying. I was able to help her and just thought that D messed up the message. Anyway last week T and I took the kids to the ballet and it was at the same place she was going to the week before when she got lost. That came up and I told her how D messed up the message and I could have called her ten minutes earlier, and I felt bad. Then T told me the back story. Mortification.

I just can't seem to shake them. The house is a wreck and I can't help but point the finger in their direction. I mean if we were able to move stuff while they were here, it would have been organized. Like finger pointing helps. Errr. There is so much to do, so much that I have attempted this post three or four times. Maybe I will get to finish it today. I need a vacation.

In other news: S and I have plans to see 3 Doors Down next weekend. We were planning a big day of it. C is going to sleep over a friends. We got a hotel room with a pool and made plans to go to a favorite restaurant before hand. Then yesterday we get this email from Ticketmaster saying that the venue has change. Instead of being in Waldorf MD it is going to be at National Harbor. National Harbor is a whopping 3 miles from our old house and we don't really care for it. We'll have to pay for parking. We used comp points to help pay for a great hotel in Waldorf, all the hotels at National Harbor are booked. Cooper is staying on Bolling that night with friends. The base is only 45 minutes from our new home, so it doesn't really make sense to have him stay over, we might as well just pick him up. We aren't thrilled, but don't know if we really want to cancel. We have been offered a refund, but don't know what we'll do.

One more note of complaint: I am having a really hard time getting C enrolled in school. At first his new school was just like "oh, no problem, homeschooling is great" then they told me to call back in a week and they would get the ball rolling. However when I called back to get him registered then realized he was home schooled "out of district" which changed the whole ball game. Now he needs to be assessed by a professional, has to have a new physical, and dental appointment, and the lady whom is the point of contact hasn't called me back. There is only three weeks to go. I am nervous. Anyway - after calling Tricare three different days I was able to get him a physical appointment for Sept 1 - nothing like the last minute.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, nothing like a bit of stress huh? So sorry about your horrible visit. Those ppl have some issues! So sad. That stinks about the concert...what a bummer! And what's up with the school? Is all of that necessary? Is it even legal? Probably not! If it were me I'd be fighting it saying my kid didn't need no darn assessment! LOL Hope it all works out!

Kim said...

SO glad you're back on here.I missed you. Hope you like your new house...lol that sounds dumb, I'm sure you like your new house or else you wouldn't of moved in it...lol That really stinks you had all those problems w/ your in laws. For real, do you really have to go through all that to get him enrolled? That just sounds ridiculous.

Becca said...

You are my hero!!! Really, for dealing with the in-laws and keeping your sanity. Hopefully the visits will be few and far between, I know that sounds mean for S's sake, but for the sake of your marriage and sanity one can only wish. Goo luck witht he school. Perserevence is the course of action there, I am always on their case for D. They must day, Oh no, her again!