Friday, January 7, 2011

Revolving Resolutions

Resolution is a word that seems to have a negative connotation. Yet somehow I feel obligated to make one every year at the drop of the ball. I've made moderate efforts this past year to nix negative habits that didn't make me feel better or good in anyway. (complaining about the in-laws at every turn, weighing my self everyday, watching America's Most Wanted and mentally cataloging bad guys in case they might be one of the homeless guys at the library or a new neighbor, and a few other things here and there) We're not talking life changing elements here just a little more common sense. Regardless the new year is upon us and the obligations to resolve is heavy on my shoulders. To sum it up: I think resolutions are negative, I do not need negativity; yet I want a resolution. Hmm. No. I changed my mind. I don't want one. 

No comments: