S and I have 100 what ifs going on. Here are the major 'up in the air' components:
- His contract for this assignment is up in February of 2012
- Our lease is up in August of 2011
- His military enlistment is on until January 2014
- My prospects of landing a very good government job are still out there and recently I heard a brief "you're still in the running"
- IVF is in DC it isn't available to everyone, it isn't an option at other locations for the Air Force
- S could volunteer to go to Korea next year, that would keep us here and then he could chose his follow on as VA, DC, or MD to keep us here a few more years (only if I land said job)
We feel like we are juggling and at any moment could drop everything. In real life here is what could happen.
- S could get orders as early as October
- Our lease might not be renewed
- IVF might not work and then we won't have time to save up the money for the next cycle before we get orders
- IVF might work and then what do I do if I get said job?
- Said job may not happen
Blah, blah, trust in God. I got it. It is just hard to see the forest through the trees some days.