Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Want My Stapler

Today I arrived at the office a few minutes early; which is good because it gave me time to unpack a small bag of supplies I brought in from my old job. I had a box of paperclips, a stapler, a trashcan, rubber bands, and highlighters; all of which were void in my new office. By five past ten I was typing away and scanning a new bill when G walks through the door. We exchange hellos give updates on the kids and then he proceeds to set up his laptops.

G and I share a desk. I use the good side and he uses the side guests would normally sit at in an office. There are a few network cables set up because he broke our router a few weeks ago. When he begins to plug these cables into his laptop he notices my pink stapler and asks if it is mine. I tell him that I had a few left over supplies from my old job and thought I would donate them. He seems pleased but then as he finished hooking up the first of two laptops he bumps the stapler and says

"See I don't think we can have a lot of extras in here, they take up so much room and it is a small office." He was serious. I ignored the comment and instead answered with "you know the phone still isn't working?" G nicely ignore my question and said "We should make sure to work on the insurance today" I nodded and said "We should really get a shredder." At this he sort of cocked his head to one side, not unlike my Golden Retriever does when she wants a snack, and says "what are we talking about?" I just laugh and say, "my pink stapler, I want my stapler" His head bobbed from one side to the next and then he just smiled and went to get coffee.

Really G, my stapler is taking up too much room?

3 comments:

Becca said...

G has issues......maybe he has issues with pink? Who knows, keep your stapler and staple his shoe laces together, he seems too out there to notice any way!

Jamie said...

LOL! Good for you! Stand up for that stapler. What the heck G, it's a stapler!?! I have images of this guy in my head and they're really not appealing!

Kim said...

LOL, what an idiot, Keep the stapler there just to annoy him.