Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cookies & ...

I gained nine pounds in a week. Is that physically possible? Well, yes it is, and I did it. In my defense I do make the world's best oatmeal raisin cookies and I am an amazing cook - the proof is in my new jiggle. Oh well, nothing like a diet for the new year. Cheers to that, or maybe an Amen.

On the 11th of January S and I leave for Vegas. I am super excited. I am planning my spa package and activities this week. I am trying to talk S in to seeing Holly's Peep Show, but he is not feeling it. Ironically, you'd think it would be the other way around, but no, I am the big Girl's Next Door fan. That is I was. I am not in love with the new set of "girl friends". I suppose I will live regarding that. But back to Vegas, my mother and aunt are coming down here to watch C. Isn't that awesome? They aren't really sure what they are going to do with themselves all day while C is in school so I though I would set up a few activities for them. I figure I can make manicure appointments, hair appointments, then leave gift cards for those and maybe a few eating places.

Last nights nightmares were subdued, thank God. This time I was just jumping of cliffs and while my life was flashing in front of my eyes I heard someone yelling at me to wake up. At one point I did wake up a little shaky only to hear my husband rip the loudest fart anyone ever did while they were snoring away. I went back to sleep only to work that in to a funny dream where S was telling me that if a tree falls in the woods how do you know if it makes a sound and he further explained that when someone farts in their sleep it is the same thing. That didn't wake me up but in the morning when I was trying to remember all my dreams and make note of them like the doc said, I started to laugh out loud and almost choked on my oatmeal. Apparently I am not unlike my six year old son. Farts just make me laugh. Poop stories do too.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm w/ you on that lb gainage. DOnt you hate that. How nice of your mom and aunt to come down and babysit for you. Have fun in Vegas. Hope you come back a rich woman...lol

Becca said...

I just laughed so hard about that S dream, hubby just looked at me. Farts make me laugh also...good thing, as I have 2 sons and a husband. So glad that your dreams were a little more subdued. Have fun in Vegas, you so deserve it. I also was a secret girls next door viewer, until Kendra left. Win big in Vegas!!!!!