Thursday, December 17, 2009

Karma- Sharmma

Sooooo I quit with no notice. Then this morning G calls and leaves a message for me to pick up the checks at the office and bring them to the bank. Apparently he missed my resignation letter. In response, I text him. I know - oh so grown up.

I go to the doctors and she tells me that stress is the main cause of nightmares, DUH, and that I seem to be dealing with it well, but it is still there and to take melatonin. Then she adds: "Give it until after the holidays, if it doesn't get better come back to see me and I will give you a referral for mental health." Of which I respond "Can I just have the referral now?" and she said "No." So there you have it, I have to take a natural supplement, I don't like them, they are not FDA regulated and they scare me.

After the appointment I went shopping on base. Loaded the station wagon up to the brim with holiday food and headed home. half way there I started having car trouble. I didn't make it home. Called a tow truck and eventually was able to have S pick me and all the groceries up. My ice cream is melted, the turkey started to defrost a little, and the frozen juices leaked. But other than that there wasn't much lost. I am so thankful I was able to get to the side of the road and not have an accident. I lost all power and function to my car, couldn't turn left or right, no gas, no power - no nothing. It was scary there for a few minutes. Thankful a friend of mine was able to help me by looking up phone numbers and offering to come and get me if needed. Thank God for her.

Also, I ate half a bag of combos for lunch. My MD appointment was early 9:50, so I didn't have breakfast. Then I was in the broken down car at the real lunch time. It wasn't until my friend called to see if I had been rescued yet that I realized I had a car FULL of food. I could have had my cake and eaten too! But alas, all I could really see were Combos. LOL - I am a mess.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about your car. Just what you needed huh? Oh geez I sure hope something helps you w/those nightmares. I am so scared of breaking down some where. Im not sure what I would do. I know no one and w/ Jess gone in the field I would be stranded.

Becca said...

Just your luck...doctors can be so stubburn. All mine wanted to do was the stupid sleep test, I am convinced I have a thyroid issue, but I degress! I am so glad you had someone to call, if I broke down and hubby was out of town, which he frequently is during the day, I would have to call the M person, which in itself would be aukward now! And thats something I would do, sit there and starve and realize I had food when it was too late!

Jamie said...

LOL Did G text back at all? That's crazy the dr. just wouldn't give you the referral...on the other hand I'd prefer to take natural supplements over meds. But knowing you've gone through a lot this year, you'd think she'd listen to you and do as you request. Like you want to have to make another appointment just for a referral! What a pain! That stinks about your car! I hate driving Zach's car- I'm always afraid it will break down!