Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nightmares

I was running from a back door in a TB hospital that use to be a university, but it was present day. I was wearing a really nice pair of black heels with red soles and I didn't want them to get scratched up so I was holding on to them with one hand with a large bag slung over my shoulder.

Two women started talking with me when I slowed down due to foot traffic. They seemed really nice and were excited to meet me. Then they got held up by something - one of them stopped - not sure why. The girl with the brown hair and off white blouse said "hey - we'll have to hang out sometime - let me give you my number." I gave her my phone, but pointed out that I didn't know how to save information to it yet because it is new, so she dialed my number and said "there - now you'll have it." So I said "Nice meeting you" While I picked up my pace again.

Once I got to the airport I realized I left my suitcase in the trunk of my car. Which I knew was a red Impala. (Of which I have never owned) So I decided to wait in the ticket line and go through immigration before I head back to the car. After I check in I was sent to this blond girl that I knew from somewhere (not in real life) she started checking my passport and asked me if I had any gum. Suddenly I was drinking coffee and had a really bad taste in my mouth. So I dug out the gum and handed her some while I popped a few small squares in my mouth.

After that I got up to leave and was worried about putting my heals back on because it was snowing. I put my bag up on a counter by the door and was rummaging through it to find the keys to the car when I realized I didn't have my favorite blanket, I left it in my room at the TB hospital. I stood there paralyzed. Not knowing what was more important, 1.- to get out of that place 2.- to get my suitcase 3.- to find the car or 4.- to go back and get my blanket. And then it happened:

I was shot by a terrorist. One of the women I had spoke too on the sidewalk out side. My leg was bleeding and I was thinking the bottom of my shoes match the blood. I was so sad and empty just slinking down the wall next to the counter, spilling my coffee, swallowing my gum, and thinking I could help - I have her number in my phone..... but it was too late.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

UH! What's up with the whole doctor thing on it all? Did you get your referral yet?

Becca said...

Hi.....your dreams are so vivid. Whats up with the doctor?