Friday, February 12, 2010

Strange Reality

We met our friends for dinner last night. The are moving to OK next week and the movers are coming tomorrow. We made arrangements for us to meet up and for us to watch their little tikes overnight. They unfortunately got caught, with two hungry kids, in a two hour traffic jam. By the time we all met up they were exhausted. I felt so bad for them, knowing exactly what that is like - I've been there, at least with one hungry kid in the backseat.

In the end we had a really nice time though. Our friends roll with the punches, admiringly better than S and I. It was strange thinking that this would be the last time we all got together before our friends moved. Some friends you get the privilege of seeing again and some you do not. It is funny who after all these years we have kept in contact with and who we haven't. I suppose facebook will change that, but even so - there are people who we see and blog too and talk with and people who have ten year old pictures on the profile who we wouldn't recognize in public.

So the kids are here, being good and cute. Two eating chocolate pancakes and watching cartoons, and one just roaming around attaching himself to two very important looking dog toys. ( He is only 1 ) The pup is amazingly calm, which is awesome. And S of course, is still sleeping.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

WHAT!?!? You need to wake that man's heiny UP!!! Geesh! It stinks when friends move. I'm glad that I'm one of the ones who still has the privilege of seeing and talking to you :)

Becca said...

I second that...so glad I found you to reconnect. Don't know what I would do without you:) Sucks that they are moving away, keep your chin up. And wake S up