Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hey No Fair!

Life isn't all that fair. I know - great words of wisdom there.

S is taking a PT test today and he was a wreck last night worrying that he wouldn't pass. In 10 years he has never failed, yet this year ... well it is a different story. He added a few pounds going to school and not running around chasing C after work. Still he'd be fine but then about two months ago (I think) his high tech knee brace broke. He has been working with Tricare to get a replacement but the process is SLOW. Without the brace he isn't suppose to run. S is a very good runner. He is can go months without eating right and not working out and still run a 5K with a good time. But without the brace he just can't give it his all and hasn't been to the gym as much as normal. Last week he got out of the test but then this week he was told he had to take it. And since he still doesn't know when the new brace will be in he couldn't argue. So he took it this morning at 6:00. And I have no idea how he did. I have called his desk three times and left one message. Worrying for nothing I hope.

In other not fair news. G money, aka the putts, emailed me last week and said there would be a delay in my employment start date. I replied saying that was fine, but now I haven't heard from him. I am going to call him this afternoon and see what is going on. This is weird...

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh man about the PT test! Hope he passed! Whats up with the putts!?! Hmm...hope he's not giving you the run around! Good to see you posting again:)

Kim said...

Read your upon post first , so Glad to hear S passed, Jess has his coming up to and has been running like crazy,If you read my post about our bike ride I gave him lost of practice catching up to us 3.5 miles away....lol I about killed him. Geez hope the putts didn't give you a false hope of employment.Hope you hear from him soon.

Kim said...

I so meant 'above' not 'upon', brain not working right....lol

Becca said...

Feel for you with the putts, did you call him? I remember S running track in high school and he always kicked but. I think he will do fine, but why do they always drag their feet with all the medical/insurance stuff, really, they coould get their act together.