Thursday, September 17, 2009

What???

I decided that I would go to work tonight, which meant C and I just had to go shopping :O) So we went to one of my favorite junk stores. As we were walking around I found a few things I could resell but really traffic was so horrid that we only had like 45 minutes until the place closed. So anyway, we were power shopping. In the furniture section we saw C's old toy box. We donated a ton of crap when we moved. This one had a crack in it and to prove it was our old one still had a blue moving sticker on it and an USAF sticker still on it. We bought the toy box in California, and moved it a few times. We paid less the five bucks and for it and the last three years it has been in a shed collecting vermin. Literally. This place had it marked for 20.00. No wonder I only found a few things. Highway robbery. That thing is only like 35.00 new at Toy's R Us.

Anyway, as mentioned before my Internet sales are going well and I am now wondering why I ever stopped this business in the first place. It is fun. But I suppose you cannot make any substantial or consistent money at it. Oh well, as some readers may or may not know I was offered the job with the putts and accepted. It is only ten hours a week and after the first month or so I can work from home. So I am pretty happy about that. I start in two weeks. Which, is one reason S wants me to get a car. Funny - but we have the money all squared away from the bank, yet neither of us actually want to spend it. LOL - maybe I need to sell a few more odds and ends first.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh wow, that is ridiculous for a used toy box. Maybe thats why it is still sitting there everyone else things its high too

Jamie said...

Wow! I hate how some used places seem to jack up prices on everything! It's USED people!!!