Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm Challanged


Dear Readers,

It may not surprise you that I am at times a flake. Signing up for Zumba was proof of such character. I wish I had pictures of myself. When people turned left I went right, when everyone screamed I clapped, and when they clapped I just clapped off the best. When the instructor said turn, I forgot and then had a hundred people jutting out their bodies in my direction. Twice my shorts fell below my waist to my thighs. I lost four pounds in two hours and was so thankful that I wore these spandex-ie sort of shorts under my regular ones. (I was a little worried about chaffing and I know, so classy) By the end of it, my hair was soaked, my limbs were almost number, and my perma grin was plastered so far back I was showing my molars. But the saving grace was once again, the doubled up shorts! I was one of the only ones with out a butt crack sweat line down the back side of their apparel. So yeah I rocked it.
In case anyone was wondering, here is what the community center had to say about this class:


Zumba Master Class
A two hour Zumba dance class
full of hot salsa, meringue,
cumbia and much more. sWear comfortable
clothing and be prepared
to dance till you drop. Water and
light refreshments provided.
Pre-register by Sept 10 for a
discount.
1, 2 hour session Pre-reg $10/At door $15
September 12
2245.999 Sa 12:30-2:30pm

Notice the word MASTER in the description. Yeah, I totally missed that part! So while waiting for the class to begin I noticed a girl who had awesome shoes. So I had to tell her and we got to talking. Then she started doing all this warm up stuff and I was just sort of standing there thinking, what is she doing? Oh man do I wish I had joined her because now I keep thinking: yikes, I also signed up for regular Zumba classes, hopefully my legs will have healed from all the jumping around by then.... they are soooooooo sore. :O)


Sincerely,


I can't wait to do this again on Tuesday, because as you all know, I enjoy making an ass of myself.




2 comments:

Jamie said...

LOL What a sight!!! At least in my head...I'm going to have to youtube zumba...

Becca said...

So is it worth it?