Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Just My Day

Yesterday we went to a picnic at C's school. It was set up really cute with back yard style games for the kids and a pizza fund raiser for the PTA. It was pretty fun. To our surprise C brought over all his new friends and introduced them to us. Seems like he has a nice little group of "best buds", as he calls them.

After the picnic we went back to the house to hang out. It was sort of nice, we all ended up in our room piled on the bed watching Sponge Bob. Even the pup was behaving, for a while anyway. It seemed like we could all fall asleep at 7:30. C didn't last much longer and I had to get up and get ready for my aerobics class.

I went to the gym around 8:05 and walked into a room of about twenty women. For a while everyone was just standing there. So I began to talk. Two ladies I talked to were really nice and we talked about vacations and our pets. If anyone ever sees me "work" a party of people I don't know, they'd know that when I want to start a conversation with someone I don't know, I always ask "how do you know the host?" or "have you been here before?" and then move on to "Do you have any pets?" and "What vacations have you or are you taking this year?". They are sure fire convo starters. Although I asked one lady if she'd done Zumba before and she just answered "Yes" and then zipped her lips. And another one seemed sort of shy, just nodding her head no and sort of listening in on my conversation with the two women I was talking about Vegas with. I will have to try to stand near here next week to see if she will open up a little. If you have someone to talk to the class has the potential to be a lot of fun. However it wasn't as much fun as it could of been last night. As much talking as I did ... well that was all I did. The instructor didn't show up and at 8:30 the class was canceled. So I came home and ran a few miles, not something I really wanted to do, but I figured I as strapped into an uncomfortable sports bra so I might as well put it to use. Hopefully next week the class is actually a go.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Great you met some nice ladies. You are really motivated doing all these exercises. Good for you. I wish I could run. I hate running. We went for a bike ride last night that about killed me.