Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sunday it's Church & That's IT

I swear, I make life so complicated sometimes. Neither S nor I have any concept of how long things actually take. I tend to be a little better sometimes, but certainly not when it comes to events like, games, flying, or parties. Anyway, today My plan was:

9:00 go to three yard sales in my neighborhood
10:00 look at car for sale in Woodbridge
10:45 go to yard sales ending up back in DC for 12:30
12:35 get pizza
1:00 meet friends at their hotel w/ pizza - they leave for their new assignment in Nebraska tomorrow.
3:00 head home, maybe stop at the store for some marshmallows (there is more to that story later)

Around nine I am rounding up C and getting my pocketbook in order when the phone rings. It is the guy in Woodbridge (40 ish miles away), he sold his car last night. I was a little annoyed, since in a way he had sold it to me - but honestly, it doesn't matter. If I got there and really couldn't stand the car, I wouldn't have bought it and the guy would be out a sale. So, anyway C and I head out anyway and go to the yard sales and then head out towards Bolling AFB and Andrews AFB (they are only about ten miles apart). Man did I get good sales! I finally got a nice dining room table and chairs and only paid 50.00. The family who I bought it from were so nice. The guy helped me take it apart and fit it in my car, which was no easy task considering at the last yard sale I bought a bike! Eventually we fit it in and I headed to Bolling to get pizza. I swear things just take so long, we did make it to my friends at 1:00 but imagine if I had actually gone to look at that car, I would have been so late.

We are always so busy. LOL - even when we are suppose to be just relaxing and visiting with friends. Anyway, on my travels I also got a fire pit and surprised C with marshmallows - we are going to roast them tonight. Should be really fun.

Tomorrow we are just going to rest. Although I might make C ride bikes to church with me. Got to get the bike rides in while S is away. Whose parents don't teach their children to ride bikes? Yeah, that would be my in laws.

TTFN -

3 comments:

Kim said...

That's a really good deal on a dining room table. Gotta love deal like that

Becca said...

Dosen't rida a bike? I never knew that!

Jamie said...

LOL I still remember that S can't ride a bike!!! Great deals! Awesome! Your getting another car??