Thursday, May 7, 2009

Coke, It's the Real Thing

I cannot believe my eyes. My dog is sprawled out on the floor and a baby is rolling around tugging on her ears, tail, and paws. She doesn't even care. The Coke can with the pennies totally worked. It has only been two days of me following her around with it! She is still jumping and crazy but we are making progress! I am so excited. This totally gives me a mission for the next week.

Oh - listen to this story. So yesterday I sent a nasty email to our housing management office about our dishwasher. It has been broken since the winter. When I logged on to their site I could see a review of all my service calls this year. I had 8, yes 8 reports of mice. I had one report of the dishwasher on 3/27 but the not next to it said it was canceled! So I really let the place have it, explaining that the guy said he would be back and never showed up again and that I have called every week since then. (The later is slightly inflated - I waited like three weeks after before I called to check on it) Anyway, a service tech calls me this morning and was like "Can I come over?" And I was like "No, it isn't a good time." Do you know this F'er wouldn't take no for an answer. But heck, I had dishes in the sink from breakfast, I had last nights dinner dishes still in the dishwasher - I use it as a giant drying rack, C and I both were still in PJ's and we were expecting the kids at any moment. Eventually the guy took no, but said if I postpone until tomorrow he won't be able to order the part because all orders for the month have to be in tonight. (They should already know the part - but at this point that is a moot point) So I agreed to have him come between 12 and 4. Anyway - once I begin to hang up I start to open my blinds and see the guy is right outside my house! I hang up, I see him hand up. He writes something down then speeds off. Unreal.

Anyway, while the kids played I did some light house work. I am limited for a few weeks. I asked the kids dad to bring my vacuum cleaner downstairs for me, I felt so silly - but I knew S wasn't going to do it. I had been asking him to vacuum for three days. I was starting to step on little pellets that leaked out of a stuffed animal, and I was babysitting today, but I digress. Anyway, D the kids dad brought my vacuum down and I slowly pushed it around - not the best job but certainly clean enough for the baby to play on. Then I did the dishes and attempted to organize the dining room a bit. That room is hopeless. There just isn't enough space for all the school stuff and regular life. I just made a pile in the corner and called it a day - LOL - as long as I can't see the mess from my chair in the living room - maybe it really isn't there.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Never heard anything about a coke can. Thats a good idea though since it seems to work. Oh dont get me started on Maint. guys. They are true pain in the butts. what was he doing, looking in on you while he's talking to you. geez he could of drove down the street or something.