Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Open Season

I've got kids today. All that free babysitting has to be repaid, . Their mom has jury duty today. I've got Jury duty in June, so we agreed to swap. So it is worth it. I just feel bad for the dog, I have to lock her in the den all day when we have little ones around. She is just too playful and big. Anyway, today should be fine but listen to this next story.

When we started this last IVF cycle I had a major meltdown because friends A & D were suppose to watch C but bailed on the first week because they forgot about a vacation voucher that was going to expire. So, I got over it, but it is still a bit of a sore spot - well, I thought I was over it until the other night, that is.

I dropped C off on Friday night and talked with A for a while. And she shows me this pamphlet for a second vacation voucher. Now, I knew about this. We had been talking about it since they got these "Deals" last year. I had agreed to watch their kids for three or four days so they could go on a mini vacation. We were looking at late July or early August. But upon further review of her brochure A realized that the deal expires soon. Err, not again. Apparently this voucher expires the first week in July. Well, A is going home for a month in June, so that only leaves us a few weeks in May. S's parents are coming for the last two weekends in May, so that leaves us only like two weeks. Apparently D has to take leave and is looking at a Thursday - Saturday type of thing, which really would work fine - in the Summer.

I really like having their children here over all. It is just that it is going to end up being at the same time I find out if IVF worked or not. So if it is negative having someone else's infant might be kind of tough. Even that is workable, I am a grown up after all. I just don't get how this is the second vacation voucher and the second time they didn't know the expiration dates. Lesson learned for me: NEVER get vacation packages from time share presentations. It seems like they are just pressed by all these deadlines and are also finding out they can't use the vouchers exactly when they want - no weekends, for example.

Well, enough complaining for one day. I better get dressed, the rug rats will be here soon. It actually isn't raining for a minute - if they managed to bring warm clothes I could take the kids to the park. Ha, warm clothes, not when their dad drops them off. :P)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow,all I got to say is you're one heck of a friend to help them out at the last minute. Hopefully they really appreciate you and dont take your for granted.

I am OK said...

They don't. They watch C all the time. A few times they've even called me on a Friday afternoon and said "hey you guys haven't been out in a while, want to drop C off for a few hours?" They really are great - I think lately maybe we have been spending a little too much time together - thats all

Becca said...

I feel for you, I do not know how you could have inlaws and the extra kids. Hopefully it all works out. You are too good, but hey I am the same way...my babysittig yesterday and all.:O)